1. Message from the Nayyar Family
“With great Joy we announce a new addition to our family; our baby girl 'Sanaya Nayyar' born on Jan 5th at 2 pm..welcomed with love by the Nayyar family especially 'BIG 'Sister Raisa😊”
2. Please note Monday, January 15 is Martin Luther King Holiday.
3. Earthquake drill completed, Fire drill planned for Friday, Jan 19 group time.
4. The Abrari family decided to enroll for 9:00 am - 1:00 pm part time care. Mackenzie joining us at 20 months puts us at full capacity in the morning too. Her visits will start Tuesday, Jan 16 expanding from 1 hour to the part day likely within the same week.
5. Family Visiting Periods - My sister will be residing with us from Sun Jan 21 until end of February. My parents plan to reside with us from end of February until at least mid-June if not more potentially mid-August ie spring/summer. This is as known currently. I will share if it changes. Each of them will be fingerprinted and licensing notified as required in a Family Child Care home. I will keep you informed on receiving clearances. They will be assisting me and potentially be a ‘substitute adult’ in my place for <= 20% of daily time as needed and as cleared by licensing rules.
6. College Spring 2018 semester starts - The primary class is Practicum training. Classes meet on Wednesday 1/17, 1/31, 2/21, 3/21, 4/11 and 5/09 from 4:00 pm - 6:50 pm. Between Teacher Nani and family, I plan to bridge the gap. They will be substitite adult(s) in my absence. Children will remain indoors while I am away for class/training. The children are comfortable with Teacher Nani and her 28 years of family child care experience as provider and teacher with a group of 12 multi-aged preschool kids is very relevant. I am sure the kids will also get used to my teaching family members. Once I have finalized training times/days, I will let you know. I will also try out absences with the kids to get them used to the idea of being with other teachers/adults. As we grow and absences are needed, having community volunteers/substitutes will be needed. Please know that 80% of the time minimally, I will be there.
As always, if any of this raises questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to vocalize.